The DB server offers client requests only to databases that are entered in the configuration. Take the following steps to add a database to the DB server configuration:
- Copy or move the directory of the desired database (e.g., \db) to the databases folder below the installation folder of the DB server program, e.g., c:\program files\dbserver\fastobjects\databases.
- Open the file ptserver.cfg in an editor (e.g., Notepad).
- Add a new paragraph. This one starts with [databases\<name of database>].
- Below the new paragraph, insert the following line:
- Enter the following line:
When copying is used, the current version remains in the original folder. In the next steps, the configuration of the DB server is set up on the database in the databases folder. Changes to the database of the DB server do not affect the original DB. The choice of database used by the EEC is determined by the connectionURL of the EEC and, perhaps, the configuration of the DB server.
The name of the database will be entered in the DB URL later on. Choose a suitable name here, the easiest would be db, for example.
The DB URL consists of log, host name and database name (example: fastobjects://hostname/database name)
name=<path to database>
As <path to database>, the absolute path to the database folder copied or moved in Step 1 must be entered. Alternatively, the relative path to the position of FastObjectsServer.exe can be entered as well. When using the relative path, pay attention to the notes on Setting up a FastObjects database server as service.
- There are two versions of the database server: a console variant (ptserver.exe) and a Windows variant (FastObjectsServer.exe)
- The database server must find the schema when generating a database. It can be directly in the installation folder, or can be referenced via ptserver.cfg.
- The schema is in the Eclipse installation folder
\plugins\ com.mind8.sn.poet_x.y.z (x.y.z = latest version)
- Each database is given a reference to the schema (SnDbDictionary). If the database is not in the installation folder of the server, the path to the schema must be defined in absolute or relative terms (with [schemata\SnDbDictionary]).
For further information on the port configuration,
The schema must be copied again to the server after each update to the com.mind8.sn.poet plug-in.
Checking the function:
After the start of the FastObjects server, the symbol appears in the taskbar.