- EEC as a Job Server with Worker installation Version 2.5.1 or higher.
- Job Server is started.
- The Job Server perspective is opened.
The fourth test is intended to show that the Job definition has been created correctly and a Job can be triggered in a browser via URL. The Job is triggered by calling a URL. The URL has to pass the name of the IMX file T1_Project.imx as the argument for the ImportEOXCommand.
This is intended to generate a configuration as an EOX file called Feeder.eox that is made available as a download.
Start the Worker:
- Click on to start the Worker.
- Update the list of the Job definitions for the Worker with (Update Job definitions).
- Open the Job definition by clicking > in the tab for Worker #1 in the jobdef4 line.
If information that is not correct is listed, adapt the Job definition.
- Copy the Post Job URL into the Clipboard.
- Open a browser.
- Insert the Post Job URL into the address field of the browser.
- Enter the following text directly at the end of the Post Job URL:
The complete URL should have this content (Post Job URL and file path correspondingly):
http://jobserver:8686/jobs/request/jobdef4?pathToIMX=<Job Server installation path>\resources\JobServer\IMX\T1_Project.imx
The Worker begins with the execution of the Job.
After successful generation of the configuration a link to the file Feeder.eox is offered below the specification File(s):. A click on the link opens the dialog File download of the operating system in order to save the file.
- Open the Jobs page in the Job Server.
A click on the symbol opens a browser in which the Job status is displayed (see the figure in the preceding step.
A click on the symbol opens the dialog File download of the operating system in order to save the generated file.
The Job is executed successfully. The result can be downloaded as the file Feeder.eox. Since this is a local installation, the file is also stored in the directory <Job Server installation path>\resources\JobServer\JobServer\output\Job4_151106_1120_19341\results. The directory varies on the basis of the time stamp. The content of Feeder.eox can be checked by means of a stand-alone installation of the EEC:
- Start EEC
- Select the EOX file of the current Job as the data basis, for example <Job Server installation path>\resources\JobServer\output\Job4_151106_1120_19341\results\Feeder.eox.
- If necessary, mark the Open read-only option.
- In the Project catalog open the Feeder project:
The Feeder project is generated successfully by the Job.