- EPLAN is changing over the PLC data exchange with the EPLAN Platform to the "AutomationML" industry standard. "AutomationML" is also offered by Rockwell Studio 5000 Architect as of Version 3.0, Beckhoff TwinCAT3 as of Build number 4024, Logi.cads Logi.CAD and Mitsubishi iQ-Works.
- The PLC data exchange of older versions by Rockwell Studio 5000 Architect, Beckhoff TwinCAT, Logi.cads Logi.Cad and Mitsubishi GX Works 2 with is supported by the EPLAN Platform until Version 2.9. Subsequently, PLC data exchange is only possible via the "AutomationML" standard. The transfer of simple assignment lists is not affected by this.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is required to operate the EPLAN platform up to Version 2.8. As of Version 2.9 the Framework of Microsoft 4.7.2 is required. Further information and the current version of this Microsoft component are available for download from the Microsoft website.
The EPLAN platform supports the 64-bit variants of the Microsoft operating systems Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
The EPLAN language installed must be supported by the operating system.
The EPLAN platform has been cleared for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit) Pro, Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit) Pro, Enterprise
Currently supported versions of Windows 10
- In Windows 10 Version 1709 problems can occur under certain conditions with the graphical display for program variants of the EPLAN Platform 2.7. A correction by Microsoft followed in Windows 10 Version 1803.
- Please inform yourself on the Microsoft websites about the life cycle of Windows products. If the end of service has been reached for your Windows 10 Version, please install a newer Windows 10 Version.
To display the build number of a Windows 10 version, open the Windows-specific Run dialog (e.g. via the [Windows] + [R] shortcut keys) and enter the winver command there. After confirmation of the entry a dialog with information about the operating system is opened, including the build number.
Prerequisite for the creation of Microsoft Office file formats from EPLAN is a functioning installation of an Office version as approved by EPLAN on the PC.
SQL Server (64-bit)
- Adobe Reader Version XI
- Adobe Acrobat Version XI Standard / Pro
- Adobe Reader Version DC
- Adobe Acrobat Version DC Standard / Pro
64-bit version of the EPLAN platform
Since the EPLAN platform is available as a 64-bit version, please observe the following points:
If you want to use Access databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary, the Microsoft operating system has to be installed in the 64-bit version. Any Microsoft Office applications that are possibly installed must also be installed consistently in the 64-bit version.
If you have installed the Microsoft Office applications in the 32-bit version, you have to use SQL Server databases for the parts management, the project management and the dictionary.
The Microsoft Access Runtime component is furthermore required in order to use Access databases in the EPLAN platform.
If you have not installed Microsoft Office or if you use Microsoft Office without Microsoft Access, you must download the Microsoft Access Runtime component as a separate download from the Microsoft Internet site.
If you use Microsoft Office with Microsoft Access, this component is installed as well depending on the respective Microsoft Office installation:
- This component is contained at an installation up to and including Microsoft Office 2013 in as far as Microsoft Access is installed as well.
- In the case of a "click-to-run" installation of Microsoft Office 2016 this component is not included in the installation of Microsoft Access. In this case you also have to download the Microsoft Access Runtime component.